Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tomb of Our Expectations

Elaur and I were on the hunt for various things to decipher. We had just come from Tyr, where E deciphered the symbols surrounding the podium in Venue Vash. The symbols are grouped and separated by small dots, suggesting sentence structure. She found them to read: "All Roads Lead Nowhere". That these symbols could be deciphered was a shock to me, as I had never seen them before outside of Tyr. The translation, however, is quite fitting if you ask me.


The next stop was the tomb in Egypt. Elaur flew inside and was checking out the walls while I paused outside gazing up above the door. I noticed the same telltale dots separating groups of symbols that we saw in Tyr and within minutes, E began spitting out possible translations. I was completely amazed! Baffled! Perplexed! Bewildered, even! I was totally, one hundred percent dumbfounded until she told me they were actual Egyptian hieroglyphs! Ooooooh!

Elaur had attempted to translate this once before, but was never able to complete the last line. After fussing with the particulars for a while, Elaur came up with the translation: "Tomb of Our Expectations". Wow! I then wondered if anybody else had ever bothered to translate the glyphs before. A quick Google search came up with at least one other person, iay, who wrote about it in his There blog ages ago. Even if Elaur wasn't the first Therian to try to translate the hieroglyphs, it was still a rather exciting moment.


Jon Quixote was There!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://members.aol.com/JehanaS/futhark/

Not sure but I think banshee_kate deciphered some of the runes also. Perhaps she has more of the translations.

Jon Quixote said...

We used a similar table. I had no clue those were real runes plastered all over Tyr. For two years I've just assumed they were all nonsense! :O

Learn something new every day.

Anonymous said...

:O They're real? I just assumed you were rambling like always, Jon.

Jon Quixote said...

When do I ramble! Every word out of my mouth is absolutely critical need-to-know information! You can't survive without it!