Friday, December 15, 2006

Child's Play Charity Event

BluegrassTIGGS helped set me up with an event for the Child's Play charity tonight. I offered to put myself in harm's way to benefit sick children all over the world! You can find Alex's forum post about the holiday fundraiser here. In brief, Child's Play (www.childsplaycharity.org) is a charity that works to provide games, toys, and videos to sick children in children's hospitals all over the world. 100% of all donations go directly to those hospitals! At the end of the fundraising period, the total donations from the There community, in Therebucks, will be converted to US Dollars and sent off to the charity. Additionally, Makena Technologies, together with the Maya Foundation (CEO Michael Wilson's foundation) will match the community's contribution up to $10,000!

My event was originally intended as a paintball sacrifice but, as it turns out, paintball is disabled on Comet Island so we had to improvise. Buggies work just as well for knocking an avie off of a platform. I suited up in my sacrificial uniform: rugged all terrain boots; can't bust 'em pants; rip-stop shirt; grip-rite gloves; various belts, buckles, and straps; and, of course, my cable knit santa hat, and I prepared myself for a long hour of avie bashing off of the highest peak in There: Avie Sacrifices.

We asked those who showed up to donate 5,000 Tbux to There_Gifts for the event and then we turned them loose in their buggies! I definitely had a--Tiggs! Can I finish my sentence please? Where was I. Ah yes. This event was a lot of fun. We had pretty good turnout, too, although I think most people were all charitied out since this was one of the last charity events being done for the fundraiser. Even so, Jasmin_Janea stopped by with KimberlyVictoria. Elaur also came with Sammy1000 a bit later. Sammy missed me the first time, but rammed me real good two more times after that. I guess that's payback for the There Winter Games huh? Buschman57 came by and even stood with me in the face of imminent danger a couple times up on my little ra--
OOF!
Ow, that one hurt. Hey, take it easy guys! This is supposed to be a--Nya nya you missed me!!You guys couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!Come on, stop trying to hit me and hit me!!Hey, I can see my house from here!


Big thanks to Tiggs for making this event possible! A thank you to everybody who came for their support and their donations to the fundraiser. And can't forget Buff, who wired his donation to me before the event because he couldn't make it. I still can't believe you passed up an opportunity to smash me into oblivion!

Can't touch this!


Jon Quixote was There!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS to a great guy! Thank you so much Jon for participating in a wonderful charity. THRE raised over 4 million T's for the children.
What a great sport you are sweetie!!!!!!!!!

TIGGS

Jon Quixote said...

4 million Tbux! Woohoooo!!

Thanks for helping me do the event, Tiggs, I had a blast!