Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Green Team M.I.A.!!

So, where are all you guys?! Lately the only ones pulling our weight around here have been CapeCodBob, Squirrelett, Parker, and myself! Even Elaur was able to make it to a paintball match last night! Where are the other 58 members of the green nametag team? [Scornful insult]. They've all gone MIA on us! No gold medals for you losers after we win these games. [Sarcastic remark]. [Witty retort].

Today we won first and second place in Basya's bacio races for the fastest lap times AND for placing first and second in the races. That's a total of ten points right there! [Generic team pep talk]. While I don't think that Basya's method of scoring her races is totally fair, (heck it's not even consistent from one event to the other) I can't deny a certain satisfaction from winning those points today. It makes up for the fact that the rest of green team is slacking hardcore. Plus, we did terribly in the two triva games which followed and tonight's paintball event.

Speaking of paintball... I don't think I'll be going to any more of those blasted paintball events hosted by Superbear2. Nothing against Superbear2, he scored the games very fairly. And it's not that I don't enjoy a good paintball match or two. No, the problem lays with the gray and yellow teams...

[memory sequence] Tonight's hell began while I was trying to get as many players from green team as possible in the match, but nobody cared to help out their team! One even hung up the IM immediately upon seeing the phrase "There Games". [Generic angry insult]. Gee, thanks for the support. No really, I appreciate it. Thank goodness for CapeCodBob. [Gratitude dance]. Although he didn't think he was very good at paintball, he definitely held his own and made it possible for us to place third overall. I wouldn't have stood a chance without him. We would have done better had gray and yellow teams not ganged up on us. Yes, this was what made the event so darn fun tonight. Everyone from gray and yellow teams decided they were not going to shoot each other, but instead would focus exclusively on Bob and myself. [Generic insult]. I had noticed this trend before Bob came to help but I didn't realize that they had planned all this even before the event started. That is, until Bob and I noticed they were all standing under a flag of truce beneath one goal just before storming their way over to where we were standing. I asked myself, "Is this a French revolution type of thing?!" Bob and I proceeded to kick all of their lousy two-timing butts all over the funzone for the rest of the event. [Traditional military battle cry]. I know that if I go to another event, however, they will only recruit more help and simply repeat the same procedure. So guys, I'm out. Have at it. [Mumbled expletive].


Jon Quixote was There.

No comments: