Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bob Says Hi!

I met a new friend today. His name is Bob. He's a very nice fellow, but he's a bit on the quiet side. I guess he's just shy but I can totally understand that. I mean, he's got a bad reputation for eating people and having really stinky breath and all. He always smells like fish too, for some odd reason. But once you get past those few minor shortcomings you'll find he's a fine ol' chap! He invited me over to see his igloo this evening! Our plans were foiled, however, when Francis_7 warned us that after the event the entire setup would be wiped clean for a new layout, and not set out again until the next There Games. Oh well :( It was nice meeting you Bob. I'll see you next year! On the plus side, I broke a personal record and got the fastest lap time yet on this track! This is me and Bob chillin' on the ice right after I won the hoverpack event. Say hi, Bob!

I attended my first buggy race in the There Games as well today. It was a fun track with a few of those blasted turns that can be so difficult, but I managed. I managed to get the fastest lap, that is :) It's all thanks to my new Freak Buggy I bought today. It has tires that stick like glue! It handled those corners like they weren't even there. Zoom Zoom!

Eanie Meanie Miny Moe... Decisions decisions. The last two events tonight were double booked! Should I do Elaur's hoverpack paintballing, or Rickpa's buggy bullies? I couldn't decide! They both sounded like so much fun! In the end, I decided to go to Elaur's event. It seemed buggy bashing involved more luck and random chance than actual skill. Rickpa had a slight delay in getting his event started, so other green team members left and joined me at Elaur's event. In all, we had five people at the event fighting for us! Myself, CapeCodBob, Squirrelett, Ubber_Geek, and Toblerone all paintballed as hard as we could. Elaur and BlueDaisySky had an arena set up similar to a funzone's border and the object was to get on a hoverpack and paintball everybody else out! It was loads of fun. Green team ended up with a grand total of forty five points!!! We won ten out of twelve rounds by my count and I was in the zone at the end of nine of those! We all did an awesome job and gained ourselves another three points in the games. Go green! It turns out that the olive, light blue, and red teams won in Rickpa's event.

Total scores as of this posting:
Green: 115!!
Gray: 80
Yellow: 74
Pink: 61
Mauve: 40
Blue: 30
Olive: 25
Teal: 18
Peach: 16
Light Green: 14
Light Blue: 13
Brown: 13
Tan: 7
Red: 6
Purple: 1
Orange: 1


Jon Quixote was There.

No comments: